It is pretty amazing how many useful and even essential things U.S. refiners get out of one 42-gallon barrel of crude oil:
- Gasoline — that gets you to work each day.
- Diesel fuel — that powers farmers and the trucks that get you your packages on time.
- Jet fuel — that gets you home in time to tuck your kids in.
- Home heating oil — that keeps you cozy in the winter.
- Lubricants and waxes — that keep machinery running effortlessly.
- Propane — that helps you make that mean BBQ.
In 2022, the United States exported more than 90 billion gallons of refined petroleum products to consumers in more than 100 countries.