This position is currently a hybrid remote/in-office position.
AFPM is looking for an experienced and organized Senior Associate to join our team of Advancing Process Safety (APS) Program professionals. The APS Program focuses on industry safety management and the prevention of major hazards, environmental damage and business loss. The Senior Associate supports associated industry working groups and their work products which support the overall Advancing Process Safety Program.
This is a full-time non-exempt position and reports to the Manager, Advancing Process Safety.
Salary for this position is market-driven and based on the candidate’s experience and qualifications. Total compensation includes a comprehensive benefits program, including medical, dental and vision coverage; paid vacation, sick, holiday, parental and other leave benefits; 401(k), long-term care insurance, life insurance, short- and long-term disability insurance, commuter allowance, personal device allowance, educational assistance, professional and career development, and more.
If you are a qualified, interested candidate, please complete the online application process. Candidates are strongly encouraged to include a current resume and cover letter.
Only direct applications will be considered; resumes received via placement agency or other third party will not be reviewed.
Working Group Activities:
- Assists in managing, coordinating, and facilitating safety meetings for work groups within the Safety Department, focusing on supporting the Advancing Process Safety programs.
- Disseminates information within and across other identified committees.
- Develops and maintains strong working relationships with AFPM member company representatives.
- Provides input and recommendations on how to build, improve, and streamline the programs in the Safety department.
- Attends industry related conferences to represent AFPM and the Safety programs, focusing on staffing trade show booths.
- Assists other departmental directors and staff in matters not detailed above, to promote the overall effectiveness of the Association.
- Three to five years’ experience in a similar role with emphasis on group communication, program management, implementing processes, and supporting various events.
- Experience in industrial safety, the refining and/or petrochemical industries, and/or trade association experience strongly preferred.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite including Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Access.
- Outstanding written and oral communication, teamwork / team support, and relationship-building skills.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field, or the equivalent in education and experience.